Friday, June 25, 2010

North Carolina

So, we'll start with the easy part - here are some photos of North Carolina and what I did in that glorious place we call Camp Caroline!


Above is my fantastic co-counselor - Peter. What a great guy to work with.



Mr. Rob McRight - my former peace intern. If you told me 6 years ago that I'd be the peace intern at a camp he would be counseling I would never have believed it. On the right is Mr. Johnston - also known to Camp Caroline as Richard Simmons now. It was one of the best camp skits I've seen as of late. But where can you go wrong when you jazzercise?

The Camp Caroline CYF staff for 2010. Quite the group of people. I had a ridiculously good time with all of them. One particular highlight was busting out of a UHaul style trailer to storm the field for the counselor vs. camper kick-ball game. EPIC.



My small group right before the Senior Banquet (Hence, the dress). These kiddos were straight-up all stars. They asked all the right questions and they put together all the pieces of the small group lessons on their own... a counselor's dream team.



Guest appearance made by baby raccoon. Only a little distracting at camp. Ok... a lot distracting.

The Vespers area at Camp Caroline. What a beautiful view of Dawson's Creek. YES - that's right, Dawson's Creek - like the television show. There were even scenes filmed on a dock just around the corner. Pretty nifty I'd say - and I never even watched the show!

Me and Richard Simmons after skits. He later drove me to the airport - bless his heart.


North Carolina - you are welcome. This is a shot from a thrilling game of "blind ninja." The game was a personal Frog Camp favorite that I passed on to the youth of Camp Caroline. One person stands in the middle, gets blindfolded, and then the rest of the group covers the blindfolded "ninja" with clothes pins. Once they are covered, the group backs up and when the ref (me, of course) says GO! the crowd tries to remove all the clothes pins as the "blind ninja" swats them away. If you are touched by the "ninja" you are out. The person with the most clothes pins in hand at the end of the game is the next "ninja." Awesome - I know.


Whispering Pines... I think? Or maybe it was Whistling Willows? Or Whispering Willows? Or maybe Whistling Pines? Goodness gracious - I don't know. It was only week two and I was already unable to remember cabin names. Not a good sign...

1 comment:

  1. So does everyone at NC camp run around all day singing "Camp Caroline bah bah bah. Good times never seemed so good..." Because I so would!

    ReplyDelete